Occupational therapy intervention can assist an individual to enhance their participation in a range of daily life activities such as self-care, engaging in leisure activities and participating in tasks outside the home environment. Our team of therapists use a range of approaches to assist with development of life skills including;
- Implement intervention to develop daily living skills such as cooking, shopping, money handling and completing household tasks.
- Implement activities that teach valuable skills, such as social skills training to build confidence engaging with others.
- Help structure lives and organise daily activities so that individuals can balance everything they want, need or are expected to do.
- Provide education and support to improved sleep routines.
- Provide support to manage anxiety and other negative symptoms, and to learn ways to implement these strategies into an individual’s daily routine.
- Help replace unhealthy activities, such as substance abuse, with healthy, meaningful activities.